o Medical record review
o Reports: Timelines/chronologies, summaries and identify breach in standard of care
o Affidavit of Merits
o Provide clarification of medical/nursing issues to assist legal team.
o Assist in the discovery process and identify missing records.
o Testify in deposition and /or as expert witness
o Research literature to support case.
FOR NURSING HOMES
o Medical record audit - Will identify concerns and provide guidance with developing systems to correct.
o Clinical support, mentoring/developing nursing staff through education.
o Survey preparation, support during surveys, plan of corrections.
o Review clinical systems and work with DON to develop and implement plan of correction.
o New DON/ADON or Unit Manager training.
o Employee health audits and guidance to address concerns.
o Expert in fixing problem facilities.
Rebecca McCarthy, MSN, RN-BC, RAC-CT is a board certified geriatric nurse with over 20 years experience in nursing homes. Rebecca served in several positions in nursing homes which include: Vice President of Nursing, Director of Nursing, Nurse Educator, Unit Manager and Staff Nurse. Rebecca provides consulting services to attorneys handling nursing home cases and to nursing homes requiring the knowledge of an expert. In addition, Rebecca is an adjunct professor in the nursing department of accredited colleges of nursing where she conducts lectures and instructs students in the clinical setting. Rebecca is well versed in the Federal Regulations that govern nursing homes. She published several articles on fall prevention in nursing homes. Rebecca is the nursing home expert you can trust.
THE NURSING HOME EXPERT YOU CAN TRUST
NURSING HOMES - WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
1. An expert nurse who will work with your clinical leaders to develop systems to improve the quality of care in your facilities.
2. A hands on expert who can conduct mock surveys and provide onsite support during surveys.
3. An experienced RN who can train and mentor your clinical leaders.
4. An astute medical record reviewer.
ATTORNEYS - WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
1. Articulate Communicator – Will provide concise and relevant communication.
3. Detective of Details – Astute in finding the details that are pertinent to a case.
4. Objective Evaluator – Will always stay focus, nothing personal.
5. Bold Advisor – Will state my professional opinion based on my expertise, current standards of practice and knowledge of State and Federal Regulations.
6. Systematic Entrepreneur – Will provide you with quality work in a timely manner.
My experience at the bedside and in nursing administration allows me to see the total picture and can save you time and money. I am available to provide legal nurse consulting services to attorneys as well as consulting services to nursing homes who require the services of an expert. I am very well versed in New Jersey State Regulations as well as the Federal Regulations that governs nursing homes. Excellent track record in working with facilities to improve quality of care.
LEGAL NURSE CONSULTANT NURSING HOME EXPERT
I’d love to hear from you! For answers to all your questions, get in touch with me today.